To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Image courtesy of Flex LNGFlex LNG, the company controlled by billionaire John Fredriksen and an emerging player in the LNG shipping business, has taken delivery of its first newbuilding, the Flex Endeavour.The company said that in connection with the delivery, $105 million of the secured term loan facility was paid out and a further $105 million has been pre-positioned for the delivery of sister vessel Flex Enterprise which is scheduled for delivery on January 11.Flex Endeavour is expected to commence its time charter with Uniper Global Commodities on or about January 12, following crew mobilization and completion of safety drills.The company agreed a time charter with Uniper at the end of last year, for a term of 15 to 18 months.The vessel was built at the Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) shipyard and has the capacity to transport 173,400 cubic meters of the chilled fuel. It also features an M-type, Electronically Controlled, Gas Injection (MEGI) propulsion system.
Malaysian oil and gas company Petronas has set sights on tapping into the potential of burgeoning LNG bunkering market.The strategy is in line with Malaysia’s plans to become the regional LNG bunkering hub, especially in the wake of growing uptake of LNG as marine fuel triggered by the industry’s switch to more-environmentally marine fuels.“Efforts are now being put in place towards advocating LNG as the preferred marine fuel of choice. In close collaboration with industry associations like MOSVA, programmes are aligned to encourage migration; to develop necessary infrastructures to support a swift and effective migration of local (currently diesel-fueled) offshore support vessel (OSV) fleet to LNG, as the cleaner option,” the company said in its Activity Outlook for 2019-2020.The company said that the first commercial LNG bunkering is poised for start-up by second half of 2019 from a number of facilities, starting with those based in Sg Udang, Melacca and Pengerang, Johor, followed by Kemaman, Terengganu and Labuan in Sabah.Dual-fueled LNG-based engines are expected to be the future solution, according to Petronas.On November 1st, Peronas LNG conducted its first LNG supply operation at the Regasification Terminal Pengerang (RGTP). The facility loaded the world’s largest LNG bunker vessel Kairos, which has just swung into operation. The company believes that small-scale LNG opportunities will increase from the utilisation of alternative cleaner fuel such as LNG, on the back of the global sulphur cap entering into force in January 2020.
Share Share Sharing is caring! NewsRegional ARISTIDE RETURNS: Former Haitian leader ends seven year exile in South Africa by: – March 18, 2011 Share Tweet 22 Views no discussions PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti, CMC – Jean Bertrand Aristide ended seven years of living in exile in South Africa returning to Haiti on Friday less than 48 hours before voters elect a new head of state to replace outgoing President Rene Preval.“The great day has arrived! The day to say goodbye before returning home,” he said in Zulu, “We are delighted to return home after seven years. In Haiti also they are very happy. … Their dream will be fulfilled. Together, we will continue to share this endless love,” Aristide said as he left South Africa on Thursday.But his return to the French-speaking Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country is raising eyebrows leading to allegations that his return is aimed at influencing the outcome of the election in which former first lady, Mirlande Manigat, and popular singer Michel Martelly, are the two candidates.Dressed in a dark suit, the former Roman Catholic priest arrived here on a charter flight from South Africa and was greeted by some supporters and 100 or so airport workers, some waving little Haitian flags. Aristide clasped his hands as he stepped down to the tarmac, and his wife, Mildred, wept.Aristide’s political party, Lavalas, is not contesting the legislative council or the presidential polls, but it remains a popular organization mainly among poor Haitians. Aristide told reporters on his arrival that the exclusion of his party is “the exclusion of the majority.” The Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) barred Lavalas from the elections.One CARICOM diplomat told the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC) that it was CEP acted because it was not clear who actually headed the party in the run-up to the polls. The United States had sought to prevent Aristide’s return asking South Africa to postpone to allow him to leave the country after Sunday’s elections that many view as critical for the development of the country still reeling from a powerful earthquake in January last year that killed an estimated 300,000 and left more than one million other people homeless, most of whom still live in tents.In addition, the CARICOM country is facing a cholera outbreak that has killed more than 4,000 since the first case was detected last October. But South African officials said they had no power to prevent the former Haitian leader from going anywhere he chose.Aristide left Johannesburg late Thursday, accompanied by his wife, two daughters, actor Danny Clover and the former leader’s Miami-based lawyer.Aristide who feared that a new government would have prevented his return, said he wanted to return to work in the education field, not politics. He has also said chronic eye problems are aggravated by South Africa’s cold weather. Twice elected president and twice deposed, Aristide is a popular figure.“I think that the Haitian people are very happy,” Aristide told Democracy Now!, a U.S.-based news programme.“Happy to know that we are on our way heading to Haiti. Happy to know that finally their dream will be fulfilled by things on the ground because they fought hard for democracy. They always wanted the return to happen and now it is happening,” Aristide said during a refueling stop over in Dakar.Aristide’s return home follows that of former dictator Jean-Claude (Baby Doc) Duvalier who landed in Port-au-Prince in January.Duvalier has since been charged with a number of fraud related charges stemming from his term in office before he was forced into exile in 1986.Source: Cana News
ILOILO City – A 19-year-old man and hiscompanion were arrested at a police checkpoint in Barangay Golgota, Janiuay,Iloilo. An improvised .38-caliber revolver wasseized from Kenneth John Marigon around 11:45 p.m. on March 18, a police reportshowed. The suspects were taken to the Janiuaypolice station, facing charges./PN Marigon’s companion Santiago Aronato, 25,was also nabbed when he resisted arrest.
City lead 2-1 from the first leg of the tie played in the Spanish capital back in February, and it is unclear if the return leg will be played in Manchester or a neutral venue. However, Guardiola has revealed the former Atletico Madrid striker has been struggling with a knee injury in recent weeks so this setback could be worse than first feared. “I’m not a doctor, but it doesn’t look good,” Guardiola responded when asked if Aguero would feature again this season, as cited by BBC Sport. Read Also: La Liga hopes to welcome fans back under strict guidelines“We’ll see tomorrow in a better way what he has. He felt something in his knee. He has struggled in the last month, some pain in his knee, so we will see.”Aguero was replaced by Gabriel Jesus – who netted in City’s win in the Bernabeu – on Monday evening, with Guardiola’s side running out comfortable 5-0 victors.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola fears star striker Sergio Aguero may miss the remainder of the campaign with a knee injury. The Argentine was forced off just before half-time of City’s five-goal victory over Burnley in the Premier League on Monday evening following a forceful challenge from opposing defender Ben Mee. City are due to play the second leg of their Round of 16 Champions League tie against Real Madrid in August, and the 32-year-old now appears to be a doubt for the clash.Advertisement Promoted Content9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Extremely Gorgeous Asian Actresses10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone
ARLINGTON, Minn. (May 30) – Saturday’s 95.7 The Rock IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Car feature at Arlington Raceway saw Trevor Serbus lead from start to finish.Kyle Sargent was right behind him to take second ahead of Brett Allen in third.Winner of the MN 93 IMCA Modified main was Clint Hatlestad, ahead of Tim Pessek and Chad Porter.Making his move to the front with five laps left, Dan Mackenthun topped the B & B Racing Chassis IMCA Stock Cars. Cory Probst paced the Eckblad Trucking IMCA Hobby Stocks.Matt Looft needed half the race before he could catch Chris Isaacson for the lead and the Unhinged Pizza IMCA Northern SportMod victory. Nat Coopman was the Coors Light IMCA Sport Compact winner.
By Jerry MackeyDUBUQUE, Iowa – This Sunday, July 3, Dubuque Speedway will host a special racing event featuring the Out-Pace Racing Products IMCA Late Models.The Ideal Ready Mix Tri-Track Challenge will be held with the Late Models battling for 50 laps on the high banks of Dubuque Speedway with a first place $2,000 prize awaiting the winner.In addition to the Late Models, IMCA-sanctioned Modifieds, Northern SportMods and Stock Cars will all be in action.Sunday night’s special event will get underway with hot laps at 6 p.m. and the first race of the night at 6:30 p.m.
CASTINE — The 1-0 Maine Maritime Academy Mariners will travel to 1-1 UMass Dartmouth on Saturday to face the Corsairs in a non-division, New England Football Conference (NEFC) matchup.Maine Maritime Academy (1-0) at Mass.-Dartmouth (1-1) September 17, 2011 • Cressy Field • Dartmouth, Massachusetts • 1:00pm Town report wins award – October 11, 2014 Fenceviewer Staff Schoodic Grange hosting sale – October 30, 2014 Latest posts by Fenceviewer Staff (see all) Latest Posts Bio Fitness trainer is now cancer-exercise expert – October 12, 2014 Live Coverage from Mass.-DartmouthSeries History: Mass.-Dartmouth and Maine Maritime will square off on the gridiron for the 12th time. MMA holds a 6-5 lead in the series. Last year’s meeting was the first since a 21-0 loss in Chris McKenney’s first year at the helm, 2001. MMA won four between 1992 and 1995 for the longest winning streak in the series.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textThe Last Meeting: Then-junior quarterback Matthew Rende ran for 169 yards and scored three times while senior fullback Jim Bower rushed for 179 yards to propel Maine Maritime to a 42-0 victory over the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth in a non-division, NEFC contest. The Mariners, who had outscored their opponents 89-0 moved to 2-0.Maine Maritime Last Week: Maine Maritime pounded out 510 rushing yards to hand a 42-13 setback to Anna Maria in the Mariners’ (1-0) season opener. Sophomore fullback, Ian Champeon rushed for 206 yards and a touchdown, while senior quarterback Matthew Rende chewed up 170 yards of field, including a 70-yard touchdown run.Mass.-Dartmouth Last Week: Bridgewater State posted its first shutout since September 24, 2005 with a 27-0 win over Mass.-Dartmouth. It was the first road shutout for Bridgewater since a 54-0 victory at Framingham on September 25, 2004. Corsairs’ freshman running back Mike Janey gained 68 yards on 18 carriers. Defensively, UMD’s Kershaw made a game-high 10 tackles, five unassisted, with an interception.Road-Opener Streak: MMA has won its first contest on the opposition’s field in each of the past five seasons.Homeboys: Saturday’s game marks the third of three at home for the Corsairs to open the 2011 season.50th Win: Chris McKenney picked up his 50th career win with the victory over Anna Maria. Already the most victorious coach in the Academy’s history, he is the first to that milestone.Champeon and Hermes Recognized: Ian Champeon and Alex Hermes were named to the NEFC Weekly Honor Roll for their parts in Maine Maritime Academy’s season opening win over Anna Maria College.Champeon toted the pigskin 17 times, covering 206 yards and scored the season’s first touchdown in the 42-13 win. Hermes picked off two passes, broke up two additional passes, forced a fumble and recorded 10 tackles. Nine of his stops were solo efforts.Mariners Second: MMA’s 510 rushing yards moved MMA to #2 in the NCAA rankings for rushing yards per game. Springfield holds the top spot at present with 522 yards per game. The Mariners rank fifth in the nation in total offense at 551 yards per game.More on the Champeon Effort: When Ian Champeon piled up his 206 yards last week, he was not stopped for a loss in the duration. His longest run of the day was a 65-yard jaunt, but he was hauled down short of the goalline. Champeon ranks third in the NCAA in rushing yards per game (206).Tied at the Top: Alex Hermes is tied for the NCAA lead in interceptions per game with 2.0.Bourassa Breaks Big Ones: Nick Bourassa averaged 23.2 yards per carry in the win over Anna Maria. Among his four touches was a 46-yard touchdown run. He came up seven yards shy of being the third Mariner to reach the century mark last Saturday.Brawn on Display: Chris Brawn had quite a day in the season opening win over Anna Maria. He had a pair of sacks among his six solo tackles. He forced two fumbles and scooped up another for a 19-yard return. He is tied for fifth in the NCAA in sacks per game (2.0) and 12th in tackles for loss (3.0).For more sports news, pick up a copy of The Ellsworth American.
KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) – CONCACAF has opened an office in the country’s capital Kingston in a move the confederation says will help enhance governance for all their members.The continental governing body for football in North, Central America and the Caribbean, CONCACAF said it had identified Jamaica as a “strategic location” which would help to “streamline the operations of regional competitions, while facilitating engagement with key stakeholders; including federations, partners, government and fans.”“Opening the new office in the Caribbean represents a major step towards our ONE CONCACAF Vision. It reaffirms our focus on serving all 41 member-associations, while investing in football,” said president Victor Montagliani.“This new location strengthens our Confederation’s ability to operate efficiently and in a fully integrated way, in order to continue driving long-term growth across the region.”The office, which will be headed by CONCACAF Caribbean football director, Jamaican Horace Reid, will be the second to be opened outside of the confederation’s headquarters in Miami, Florida, with one already established in Guatemala.CONCACAF said it planned to “triple its investment” in Caribbean competitions throughout the coming year and the Kingston office would help administratively in this regard.“Additionally, in order to boost development efforts in this zone, nearly 80 percent of the ONE CONCACAF financial assistance programme is allocated to member associations from the Caribbean,” the confederation noted.“Through this new office, the Confederation aims at ensuring that the investment is effective, efficient and focused.”The office will be up and running from March.